BSNL Conducted Virtual Meeting for Initiation of Benevolent Fund to extend immediate Relief to the Dependents of Deceased Employees who lost their life due to Ongoing Dreadful Covid
Suggestions Given by Our SEWABSNL
Dear Brothers & Sisters
Jai Bheem 🙏
Today 06/05 at 12.00 noon a Zoom Meeting was Organised by the BSNL CO for making provisions to the Benevolent Fund to be created considering Covid deaths.
The Meeting was Chaired by Shri R K Goyal (PGM) Pers alongwith Sr GM (Admn) Shri A M Gupta, Sr GM (SR) Smt Anita Johari and GM (Financ Shri Chirania.
Myself on behalf of Our SEWA, alongwith Shri C Singh GS NFTE, Shri Wasi Ahmad GS AIGETOA, Shri P Abhimanyu GS BSNLEU and Shri A Khan NP SNEA from Unions & Associations attended the meeting on the request made by Sr GM (SR) Smt Anita Johri.
During the deliberation, the following points were placed by GS SEWABSNL on behalf of SEWA :-
1. BSNL Should demand the Same Front Line Warriors Status and Financial Support of Rs 50 Lakhs to BSNL Employees which is already granted to the dependent of the deceased Front line Warrior’s family from Central Government considering the BSNL as One of the Essential Service Provider.
2. Rs 10 Lakhs Financial Support Should be Extended to the dependent of the deceased family from the fund collected from Employees.
3. Equal amount i.e.Rs 10 Lakhs should be given to the dependent of the deceased family by the Employer also from the company fund.
4. The Same Financial Support should be extended to the dependent of the deceased family in case of any kinds of death of Serving employee i.e either Death due to Covid or any other reason.
5. Deduction for Benevolent Fund should not be more than1% of Basic pay.
6. This deduction should be quite voluntary, should not be mandatory.
7. The Amount of Financial Support to the dependent of the deceased family should be given equally irrespective of Cadre differences i.e. Gr-A, B, C & D.
8. There should not be any disparity on the basis of Cadre or Post in disbursement of amount to the deceased family.
9. Compassionate Ground Appointment (CGA) Should be given at the earliest to the dependent of the deceased family.
10. This Financial Support Should be Continued in future also in case of Death due to any reason for serving employees.
11. If Everyone Agree to Continue Such type of Financial Support, then there should be a provision for Regular deduction of Rs 100 minimum or Rs 200 maximum per month as Benevolent Fund from salary of Employees.
12. Salary for the month of April 2021 must be disbursed in this Week itself as Employees are facing critical crisis due to Covid pandemic and in the Coming Months, timing disbursement of Salary should be first priority. i.e. on Last Working day of the month.
13. Consent of All General Secretaries Should be Mandatory for deciding any
Policy for disbursement of amount.
14. Unanimous decision of the Committee always accepted by our Assn SEWA BSNL.
Details of Discussion and Views of Leaders will be placed by the Committee before the CMD for taking final decision. After approval by BSNL Board, instructions, guidelines, Orders will be issued in this regard in due course.